Metamuse Episode 10 — August 07, 2020
The rich history of tools for thought stretches back to the 1960s. Adam and Mark talk about how today’s computing, from iPads to Twitch to AI, might help us gain knoweldge and develop novel ideas.
- Tools For Thought
- How can we develop transformative tools for thought?
- bicycle for the mind
- Doug Engelbart
- Alan Kay
- Vannevar Bush
- As We May Think
- the two-step process for developing ideas
- Roam Research
- Thinking, Fast and Slow
- industrial-strength noise-canceling headphones
- white-noise generators in a Muse email update
- Deep Thinking: Where Machine Intelligence Ends and Human Creativity Begins
- generative design